Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What I know now

The primary colors are red, yellow, blue. The secondary colors are green, orange, and purple. You create secondary colors by mixing the primary colors. The complimentary colors are purple, orange, red, green, yellow, and blue. Two ways you can emphasize something in a painting is to make the color stand out more than the rest of the painting, or to use a lot of texture on something specific. If i were trying to create a shadow, I would mix the color of the object that is casting the shadow and the color of the base that the object is on. To create the illusion of a highlight on an object, I would make it lighter by adding white and mixing lighter colors into it. If I were trying to make an object look farther away I would make the object smaller. The first step I would take to build a painting is to lightly sketch what I am painting with a watery/grey colored paint. I would mix the colors of the objecets and paint them in. Once i've done that, I would add texture, shadows, depth, etc. I would then paint the backround, and then touch everything up.

No comments: