Monday, October 13, 2008

Mid-term reflection

What has been the most challenging aspect of the course so far?
So far, the most challenging aspect has been creating the illusion of color with all white objects like we did in the last still life. It was difficult to bring out different colors in white objects along with shading them in and adding highlights.
In what areas have you progressed the most and how have you progressed?
I think I have progressed in my color mixing and using shadows and highlights. I learned alot from it from the past two paintings, especially the fruit painting. It was hard for me to mix colors to look similar to the object, but I am now more comfortable with it.
How does looking at examples of painting from throughout history affect us as painters today?
Looking at other paintings can teach us different styles and ways of painting so that we can see other techniques. It can also teach us not to do something if it turned out a different way than you expected.

No comments: